Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Worthy Representative

Psalm 69

5 O God, you know how foolish I am;
my sins cannot be hidden from you.
6a Don’t let those who trust in you be ashamed because of me,
O Sovereign Lord of Heaven’s Armies.
Don’t let me cause them to be humiliated


Lord, You know what a wretch I am, yet You shower me with Your love and You allow me to represent Your Holy Name. It is with great fear and trembling that I do so, because I know that I am a poor representative of the Sinless, Perfect, Holy Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Father, help me to overcome the sin in my life that brings shame to Your Name. Change my heart Oh Lord. May I live a life worthy of wearing Your Name and representing Your Name to a world that is lost and dying and desperately seeking You whether they know it or not. Don’t let me cause You to be humiliated, and may my influence always lead people to know You and to love You.

No comments: