Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Following the Example

1 Chronicles 29

5b “Now then, who will follow my example and give offerings to the Lord today?”


David has just laid out what he personally is giving for the building of the Temple of the Lord. He’s not bragging, he is simply stating what his personal sacrifice is in this act of worship. The New Testament teaches that we should give cheerfully, without compulsion; and that we should give proportionately. I believe that giving is more than just parting with materials blessings; it involves your time, talent, money, personality, and relationships. I cannot out give my Lord and Savior Jesus, who gave His very life so that I could have eternal life. I can set an example for others to follow in my giving, and I believe that is what David was doing in this passage. May my example be worthy of following. May I give my life in service to Jesus, and may all with which I have been blessed be dedicated to His Kingdom and to spreading the Good News of the Gospel.

No comments: