Sunday, May 3, 2009

Legacy

1 Chronicles 23

13 The sons of Amram were Aaron and Moses. Aaron and his descendants were set apart to dedicate the most holy things, to offer sacrifices in the Lord’s presence, to serve the Lord, and to pronounce blessings in his name forever.
14 As for Moses, the man of God, his sons were included with the tribe of Levi.


Until I read this passage this morning, I had forgotten the name of Moses’ Dad. It is not exactly the household name that Moses is. In fact, the book of Exodus only identifies him by name in the family record of Aaron and Moses as found in chapter 6 verses 18 and 20. Yet, this man was from the tribe of Levi (thus Aaron was able to be High Priest later on). Amram may not have had a flashy life, but he was apparently faithful enough to be the earthly Dad of the guy who would lead the children of Israel out of the bondage of slavery and into the Promised Land. I have no desire to be the flashy guy, but it is my desire that my children will do mighty things for God as they serve Him in their daily lives. Oh, make no mistake, I want to do mighty things for God, but if my children are better known for their service to the Lord than I am, it would be phenomenal! As long as God is getting the glory, honor, and praise, I am a happy Dad. I am proud of my three children (and of the countless other kids Peggy & I claim through our youth ministry of the past two decades). May they always shine for Jesus!!!

No comments: