Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Towering Rock of Safety

Psalm 61

1 O God, listen to my cry!
Hear my prayer!
2 From the ends of the earth,
I cry to you for help
when my heart is overwhelmed.
Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
3 for you are my safe refuge,
a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
4 Let me live forever in your sanctuary,
safe beneath the shelter of your wings!


The theme of my devo readings these past few days have been extremely interesting. Especially in light of a phone call I received yesterday morning from a former youth group kid (now in their mid 20’s, a parent themselves, etc.) asking for some advice. Crying out in despair, my kid knew that coming back to God and aligning their will with His is the ONLY answer. I got to talk about the patience message God is throwing my way, while reminding this precious child of the King, that they are deeply loved by God. I need that reminder, too. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by the pressures of life that I just need to retreat to God’s fortress of love; that towering rock of safety, and hide beneath His wings. I am so blessed that I am allowed to do so! Thank You, Jesus for making that possible!

No comments: