Sunday, May 10, 2009

Committed to the Lord

Psalm 37

5 Commit everything you do to the Lord.
Trust him, and he will help you.
6 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn,
and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.

7a Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.


As I reflect on this Mother’s Day, 2009, I cannot help but think about what advice Mom would give in the current situation in which we find ourselves. I am trying to follow that advice, which I believe is clearly articulated in the verses above. Again, patience is not my strong suit, but I am fully committed to the Lord and want to do only that which pleases Him. There are very difficult choices ahead. There are hard decisions that have to be made. Decisions that won’t be popular. I will do whatever it takes to protect my Dad and my family (Peggy and our kids), whether that makes me “Mr. Popular” or not. Lord, strengthen me for the coming battles, and know that I am committed to do what You would have me do, no matter what.

No comments: