Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Numerous and Content

1 Kings 4

20 The people of Judah and Israel were as numerous as the sand on the seashore. They were very contented, with plenty to eat and drink.


This verse proclaims the fulfillment of a promise made to Abram long before he was even called Abraham, doesn’t it? Abraham’s descendents are as numerous as the sand on the seashore! Living in a beach town, I can tell you that is a lot of sand! Sand gets everywhere. I’m talking total coverage here! And look at the second part of that verse: “They were very contented, with plenty to eat and drink.” Now, that is something I am struggling with these days. Contentment. We have had one homeowner’s disaster after another strike us over the past week, and I have been feeling overwhelmed trying to make ends meet and fix things that won’t wait. My Bride keeps reminding me that it is just “stuff” and that all will work out. Her faith is so much stronger than mine these days! I am so glad God placed her in my life. May my contentment be as numerous as the sand on the beaches here in Vero!

No comments: