Friday, May 22, 2009

Palace and Focus

1 Kings 7

1 Solomon also built a palace for himself, and it took him thirteen years to complete the construction.


Solomon oversaw the construction of the Temple of the Lord, but at the same time was taking care of his own palace. Now, I don’t want to get into the extravagance of Solomon’s Palace, but I know that it is important to have a place to live, and one that is designed to give glory and honor to God. That’s the way Peggy and I have always viewed our home. It is a tool for ministry. We love having people in our home, and have had countless students, children, and adults in our home over the years. It’s not a palace, but the “Fabulous Blount Mansion” is a place where Jesus is glorified, and people feel the love of Christ. It is a safe place, where you can be you. I praise God for allowing us to be in the place we call home, and I pray that even in the midst of current remodeling challenges, I can stay focused on the important stuff. Not an easy task at the moment.

No comments: