Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wisdom, Discipline, Understanding, Insight

Proverbs 1

1 These are the proverbs of Solomon, David’s son, king of Israel.

2 Their purpose is to teach people wisdom and discipline,
to help them understand the insights of the wise.
3 Their purpose is to teach people to live disciplined and successful lives,
to help them do what is right, just, and fair.
4 These proverbs will give insight to the simple,
knowledge and discernment to the young.


Ya know, I have read through the book of Proverbs many times, and I could have told you that the purpose is to help one be more discerning and wise, but I can’t honestly say that these verses have ever jumped out at me like they have today! I need wisdom, discipline, understanding, and insight. I need to spend more time not just in the Proverbs, but in the Word! I am so grateful for this “time out” from the busy, wacky world. This respite is EXACTLY what I need every single day!

No comments: