Monday, May 25, 2009

Covernant Prayer, Pt. 2

1 Kings 8

60 “Then people all over the earth will know that the Lord alone is God and there is no other. 61 And may you be completely faithful to the Lord our God. May you always obey his decrees and commands, just as you are doing today.”


As Solomon concludes his prayer during the dedication of the Temple, he has some interesting thoughts. Too bad, he didn’t follow his own advice (but that is jumping ahead in the story). It is my responsibility as a Christ follower to be obedient to the Word of God. It is my responsibility to live my life in such a manner as to give God the glory and the praise forever. I have no right to ask anything of God. He has already given me my salvation in Christ Jesus; what else could I possibly ask of Him? May I be faithful to His call upon my life to go, make disciples, baptizing them, and teaching them to obey God’s Word.

No comments: