Sunday, March 21, 2010

Scary Humbling

Luke 5

8 When Simon Peter realized what had happened, he fell to his knees before Jesus and said, “Oh, Lord, please leave me—I’m too much of a sinner to be around you.” 9 For he was awestruck by the number of fish they had caught, as were the others with him. 10 His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed.

Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!” 11 And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus.

Peter has the appropriate and honest response to Jesus here. I feel the same way…I am too much of a sinner for the Holy, Perfect, Son of God to want to hang around with. Yet, He does want to hang around with me. That is scary humbling. My only proper response to such great Love is to leave everything that I thought was mine and to follow Jesus wholeheartedly. I surrender my will to His daily and pray that I can do better for Jesus today than I did yesterday.

No comments: