Friday, March 19, 2010

Daily Quiet Time

Psalm 62

5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. 6 He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.

In this noise-filled life of mine, it is tough to just take some time to be quiet before the Lord. While I am better at it than I used to be, I am still not as good as I would like to be. I do absolutely believe that God is my rock and salvation, and my hope is firmly in Him. Shutting out the noise of this life is just not an easy task. I praise God for these times like this morning, when I can just spend time along in the Word and in prayer, and shut out the noise of the world. It is a time like this each day that will truly strengthen me in my walk with Jesus. It must be a priority for me every single day!

No comments: