Thursday, March 18, 2010

Great Joy

Luke 3

21 One day when the crowds were being baptized, Jesus himself was baptized. As he was praying, the heavens opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit, in bodily form, descended on him like a dove. And a voice from heaven said, “You are my dearly loved Son, and you bring me great joy.”

I like the way the NLT translates this passage. Can you imagine hearing God say that you bring Him great joy? I mean, I know that God is speaking of Jesus here, but think about it: we are to be like Jesus, we are to follow His ways, so we should live in such a way as to bring God great joy. That is my goal this day and every day of my life from here forward: to bring God great joy. I can think of no better way to express my love for God than to live to bring Him great joy.

No comments: