Monday, March 22, 2010

Proper Reward

Proverbs 11

23 The godly can look forward to a reward, while the wicked can expect only judgment.

Sadly, too many people who claim to follow Christ believe that their reward should be something than can see, feel, or claim while on this earth. Blinded by satan’s lie that this life is the be-all, end-all, they wonder why they don’t prosper financially, why their health isn’t as good as it could be, or why they don’t have the prestige of their neighbors. Those are NOT the type of rewards being talked about in this Proverb. They may or may not happen, but so what? The reward of the godly is eternal life in the presence of the Creator of Life. I can think of nothing I would rather have, and I will live my life in gratitude for the forgiveness of sins I have through Jesus. THAT is my reward, and it is more than enough.

No comments: