Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Real Faith

Luke 8

48 “Daughter,” he said to her, “your faith has made you well. Go in peace.”

Oh, to have the faith of this woman! She had suffered with bleeding for 12 years, and she had gone to doctors, to priests and rabbis, all to no avail. When she hears that Jesus is in town, she desires only to touch the hem of His robe, not really wanting to “bother” Him. Her faith healed her. Oh to have that kind of faith! I have Jesus with me every day, yet how often do I display a faith that even remotely resembles hers? I quote Philippians 4:13, but do I REALLY believe that I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me? It is easy to say while sitting here writing these words out. It is quite something else to put into practice. Maybe if I could just touch the hem of His robe…wait, I am not a bother to Jesus, I am the object of His great love! Increase my faith, O Lord. May You receive glory and honor by my daily actions and may others come to know You because of it.

No comments: