Saturday, March 27, 2010

Learn to Love Discipline

Proverbs 12

1 To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction.

How often do I allow my stupid side to shine? As Scripture says, “no discipline seems pleasant at the time,” but it is certainly necessary in order for stubborn mules like me to learn! Discipline and Disciple come from the same root word, and if I am to be a Disciple of Jesus, I must be willing to undergo the Discipline of learning to follow after Him. In fact, my attitude needs to change to the point that I LOVE the discipline of my Lord Jesus. I am getting there. I want to love that discipline because I love Jesus. He knows that I need plenty of correction, so I pray that I don’t fall back into stupid patterns, and instead, relish those times when Jesus must discipline me in order to help me grow to be more like Him.

No comments: