Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Loving God

Psalm 45

1 Beautiful words stir my heart. I will recite a lovely poem about the king, for my tongue is like the pen of a skillful poet.

2 You are the most handsome of all. Gracious words stream from your lips. God himself has blessed you forever. 3 Put on your sword, O mighty warrior! You are so glorious, so majestic! 4 In your majesty, ride out to victory, defending truth, humility, and justice. Go forth to perform awe-inspiring deeds!
 5 Your arrows are sharp, piercing your enemies’rts. The nations fall beneath your feet.

Psalm 45 is a love song to God. In my duties as a worship leader, I sing lots of love songs to God, but today I want to write words of love to my Heavenly Father:

Abba Father, Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth, I am amazed beyond words at Your love for me. While I know I could never be worthy of such love, You give it freely to me. How could I ever consider holding back love for others? How dare I try to determine who is “worthy” of my love? Father, may I be determined to live a life of love because of Your great example as set through Your Son, Jesus. May Your love for me, ooze from every pore of my being and may my love for others bring glory and honor to the name of Jesus. I want to be Your ambassador of LOVE at every turn, dear Lord. Thanks for giving me that opportunity again today.

No comments: