Thursday, March 11, 2010

Love in Action

Mark 15

33 At noon, darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock. 34 Then at three o’clock Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”

My sins did that to Jesus. So did yours. For the one and only time throughout all of eternity Jesus was abandoned by God the Father because God will not be in the presence of sin. When Jesus was hanging on the cross, He took the sins of the world upon Himself. I am both heartbroken and filled with joy over this thought. Heartbroken that my sins cause Jesus so much pain. Filled with joy that Jesus took them upon Himself anyway and paid the price for me and for all of mankind. His love for us, led Jesus to that cross and to that temporary separation from God the Father. How could I be anything other than thankful? How could I live my life any way other than expressing that thanksgiving?

No comments: