Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Clothed With Christ

Mark 14

50 Then all his disciples deserted him and ran away. 51 One young man following behind was clothed only in a long linen shirt. When the mob tried to grab him, 52 he slipped out of his shirt and ran away naked.

When we abandon Jesus, we are exposed in every possible way. The very people who only hours earlier had proclaimed their undying support of the Christ, when faced with the Roman Army, run for the hills, naked and all. How many times have I left myself exposed for the goober that I am because I have denied my Lord, have run away from Him, or have just ignored His love for me? Galatians 3:27 says when we are baptized into Christ, we are CLOTHED with Christ. We no longer have to be naked and ashamed. May I remember that since Jesus “has my back,” in fact that Jesus “has me covered” and may I NEVER again be guilty of abandoning Him and running away.

No comments: