Monday, July 12, 2010

Not Ashamed

Romans 1

16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.

Aside from the old Newsboys song, this verse brings back many, many memories. For the past 23 years now, I have been involved in the “professional” ministry. I have boldly proclaimed the Gospel of Christ. Sometimes, I haven’t been very tactful in those proclamations, but there has never been a doubt among those who were around me that I was proclaiming the Good News about Christ. As I have matured in my faith, I have tried to make sure that the Good News was the focus, NOT the messenger. It is the Good News that is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes. Lord, may Your Good News be spread everywhere I go, and may I stay out of the way so that I don’t detract from Your saving power. I’m not ashamed, but I certainly don’t want to distract from the Good News! May my life be lived in such a way as to proclaim the saving power of God at work in me and through me so that Jesus will be glorified always.

No comments: