Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Convenient

Acts 24

24 A few days later Felix came back with his wife, Drusilla, who was Jewish. Sending for Paul, they listened as he told them about faith in Christ Jesus. 25 As he reasoned with them about righteousness and self-control and the coming day of judgment, Felix became frightened. “Go away for now,” he replied. “When it is more convenient, I’ll call for you again.”

Christianity is NOT convenient. As Paul is making his defense before the governor Felix and his wife, good ole Felix uses a line that so many have used to stop listening to the Good News of the Gospel over the centuries. “When it is more convenient...” Jesus does not call us to a life of convenience, but rather to a life of obedience. It is not always convenient to follow Jesus, but it is worth it. It is never convenient to deny yourself, pick up your cross and follow the Christ. It is essential, however. Thank You, Lord for helping me to get over my selfish need for convenience. Thank You for showering me with blessings beyond my wildest dreams. I know that it was not convenient for You to go to the cross to pay for my sins, but I am eternally grateful! May my life show that gratitude every day...convenient or not.

No comments: