Monday, July 5, 2010

God is Our Shield

Psalm 3

3 But you, O Lord, are a shield around me;
you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.

We had an eventful road trip today. Anytime we travel, I always pray for an uneventful trip because I don’t mind being bored while driving. As we decided to take a scenic route and bypass Atlanta, thing were going along swimmingly until we got to Salem, Alabama, when the front passenger side brake wanted to lock up. Making a call to Kevin for a phone diagnosis was disheartening. Even more so was the fact that it was the last of a 3-day holiday weekend, and getting service would be impossible. After a two hour layover fruitless awaiting a AAA tow truck, I decided to give the van a test run. No brake issues, so we decided to resume our trip. God’s protection was evident throughout the trip, but we were more aware of His protection on the last part of today’s journey. Tomorrow, we resume our trip to the North American Christian Convention, and NOTHING can stop us. God is our shield around us.

No comments: