Sunday, July 4, 2010

Freedom

Psalm 2

1 Why are the nations so angry?
Why do they waste their time with futile plans?
2 The kings of the earth prepare for battle;
the rulers plot together
against the Lord
and against his anointed one.
3 “Let us break their chains,” they cry,
“and free ourselves from slavery to God.”

Why is it that people fool themselves by thinking that following the one true God equals slavery, when it is disobedience to His Holy Word that brings on slavery to sin? Why is it that those who are so insistent on following their own desires think that is freedom? Our obedience to the Creator of all living things, the Author of Life, and the Giver of every good and perfect gift brings a Freedom never before imagined. I have been following Christ for 9,077 days and on this July 4th, my Freedom has never been more evident. I am free in Christ...free from the penalty of my sin. I am free indeed.

No comments: