Friday, July 16, 2010

Duh - Praise God!

Romans 3

23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. 24 Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.

To express praise for Jesus just seems like a “duh” after reading these verses, doesn’t it? I mean, I am a sinner who falls short of God’s glorious standard. I deserve eternal punishment. Yet, because of Jesus, I get undeserved kindness from God when I am declared righteous. Not because of anything I did, or can do. I am declared righteous because of Jesus. On day 9,089 of my walk with Jesus, I can only fall to my knees and praise Him! Thank You, Lord for paying the price for my sin, and allowing me to be declared righteous through Your atoning sacrifice!

No comments: