Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Testing...One, Two, Three

Job 7
17 “What are people, that you should make so much of us,
that you should think of us so often?
18 For you examine us every morning
and test us every moment.”


At the risk of sounding like one of Job’s “friends,” let me offer some thoughts on what he has to say in these verses. God is consumed by love for us. Our pictures are in His wallet; stuck on his refrigerator. When God created the world, he called everything good until He created man in His own likeness. Then declared that it was VERY GOOD. God desires for us to desire close, daily communion with Him. Yes, God tests us. Yes, God wants us to be holy because He is holy. Yes, while Job didn’t know it, we do: Jesus paid the price so we can be declared to be holy in the sight of God. Examine me, Oh Lord. Test me, Oh God. Discipline me, Father. Strengthen me just as you strengthened Job. Whatever it takes. I know nothing, and You know exactly what I need to grow into the likeness of Jesus that You desire for me. I pray that I will be patient, submissive, and filled with the desire to praise You even in the midst of those times of trial and testing.

No comments: