Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lifesong of Praise

Job 36
22 “Look, God is all-powerful.
Who is a teacher like him?
23 No one can tell him what to do,
or say to him, ‘You have done wrong.’
24 Instead, glorify his mighty works,
singing songs of praise.”


Again the young man, Elihu speaks words that put to shame the ranting of Job’s three friends, and Job’s ranting as well. When we finally realize that the focus must not be on us, but rather on God, then we can truly worship Him in spirit and in truth. God is the all-powerful Creator of heaven and earth. He spoke the universe into existence. How could we DARE presume to tell God what to do? (“Oh God, if You will only [fill in the blank with your latest demand disguised as a request], then I will be good, I promise”). How could we DARE accuse God of doing us wrong? (“Oh God, why have YOU done this to me?”). May it never more be so! May my lips, and my life be a song of praise glorifying God for His mighty works.

No comments: