Saturday, January 31, 2009

Proper Attitude

Job 42
1 Then Job replied to the Lord:

2 “I know that you can do anything,
and no one can stop you.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?’
It is I—and I was talking about things I knew nothing about,
things far too wonderful for me.
4 You said, ‘Listen and I will speak!
I have some questions for you,
and you must answer them.’
5 I had only heard about you before,
but now I have seen you with my own eyes.
6 I take back everything I said,
and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.”


After the Lord has spoken to Job out of the whirlwind (I love that imagery), Job realizes that while he has not accused God of anything, he has spoken out of ignorance and he repents right on the spot. It is okay to inquire of God, but the appropriate response to God’s answer is to repent, and submit to God’s authority, glory, and majesty. May I have an attitude of repentance and submission every day of my life.

No comments: