Friday, January 9, 2009

Playing Favorites

Genesis 25
27 As the boys grew up, Esau became a skillful hunter. He was an outdoorsman, but Jacob had a quiet temperament, preferring to stay at home. 28 Isaac loved Esau because he enjoyed eating the wild game Esau brought home, but Rebekah loved Jacob.


Each of our three children are different, and Peggy & I love them. We have tried to never make a difference among them. We love them equally, and we love their differences. Isaac & Rebekah set themselves up for trouble by picking “favorites.” I believe that a parent’s love must model God’s love. God loves us all in our uniqueness. To differentiate in that love would be to invite disaster. I love the children with which God has blessed my life. They all have their own personalities, and there are things about each of them that really stand out. I love them for those features. Mostly I love them, because they are precious gifts from God. I am so glad that God doesn’t play favorites, and I never want to be guilty of such silliness myself!

Be God's,
Scott

No comments: