Monday, January 19, 2009

Blameless - A Man Of Integrity

Job 1
20 Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. 21 He said,

“I came naked from my mother’s womb,
and I will be naked when I leave.
The Lord gave me what I had,
and the Lord has taken it away.
Praise the name of the Lord!”

22 In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.

Job 2
9 His wife said to him, “Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die.”

10 But Job replied, “You talk like a foolish woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?” So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.


Job is the man! He realizes that everything comes from and belongs to God, even our health. He refuses to blame God or say anything wrong when all of his wealth, all of his family and all of his health is taken away. Man, has he set the bar high. No wonder God calls Job, “blameless – a man of complete integrity.” May I remember the lesson of Job’s integrity, and live accordingly.

No comments: