Friday, January 23, 2009

A New Hope

Job 17
21 I need someone to mediate between God and me,
as a person mediates between friends.
22 For soon I must go down that road
from which I will never return.

Job 18
15 Where then is my hope?
Can anyone find it?
16 No, my hope will go down with me to the grave.


Poor Job. He lived before Jesus came to earth to redeem us and to mediate on our behalf. I know I referenced this fact only a couple of days ago, but it is worthy of noting again. Job didn’t know what we can know today: Jesus paid it all. Our sins can be forgiven, and hope can be restored because of Jesus.

The writer of the Hebrew letter sums it all up:
Hebrews 8
6 But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises.


Let us cling to that better promise through that better covenant available to us because of Jesus.

No comments: