Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Mediator

Job 9
32 “God is not a mortal like me,
so I cannot argue with him or take him to trial.
33 If only there were a mediator between us,
someone who could bring us together.
34 The mediator could make God stop beating me,
and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment.
35 Then I could speak to him without fear,
but I cannot do that in my own strength.


Job hit it right on the head: as a sinful man, he needed a mediator between God and him. God knew that from the Beginning, thus, God had devised a plan through which sinful man (that’s all of us) could be redeemed to Him. Paul lays this out in what could easily be seen as his answer to Job when he wrote:

1 Timothy 2
3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. 5 For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. 6 He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message God gave to the world at just the right time.


Praise God for Jesus, Who at just the right time, came to mediate between mankind and God. Because of Jesus, we can speak to God without fear, and He listens with love!

No comments: