Thursday, January 15, 2009

Give Credit Where Credit Is Due

Genesis 41
15 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I had a dream last night, and no one here can tell me what it means. But I have heard that when you hear about a dream you can interpret it.”

16 “It is beyond my power to do this,” Joseph replied. “But God can tell you what it means and set you at ease.”


Joseph understood the importance of giving credit where credit is due. By the age of thirty, Joseph has spent nearly as much time incarcerated in one form or another (down in a deep dry well, a slave in route to Egypt, and in an Egyptian prison) as he has in “freedom.” Joseph has cried out to the Lord over the years only to continually be placed in what seemed like God-forsaken circumstances. However, all that had happened to Joseph up to this point was to prepare him for, and to place him where God’s perfect plan had designed. Joseph’s attitude of giving God credit for the ability to tell what dreams meant is only appropriate, and shows a deep love and faith for God. I haven’t suffered nearly what Joseph had suffered, nor do I claim to have near the gifts or abilities Joseph had, but the gifts and abilities I do have all have come from God. I want to make sure that there is no doubt in anyone’s mind that is around me that God deserves the credit, and the glory. Give credit where credit is due. Give glory where glory is due. It is all due to God!

No comments: