Monday, January 12, 2009

Runs In The Family

Genesis 34
13 Because their sister Dinah had been defiled, Jacob's sons replied deceitfully as they spoke to Shechem and his father Hamor.


Our children learn as much from us by our actions as they do from any formal teaching time we spend with them. They imitate their parents, in both the good and the bad habits the parents live out. Oh, to be sure, my children picked up on all my bad habits easily enough. I just pray that they run with my good habits as well. Jacob’s family was filled with deceit, and his sons certainly knew how to play that game. I don’t want to go into details concerning the circumstances, today it is simply enough for me to remember that sowing deceit in the family reaps a harvest of deceivers as children. What seeds am I sowing today?

No comments: