Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Willing

Luke 5

12 In one of the villages, Jesus met a man with an advanced case of leprosy. When the man saw Jesus, he bowed with his face to the ground, begging to be healed. “Lord,” he said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.”

13 Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.


Jesus is not only ready and able, He is willing. Jesus is willing to cleanse us of our sins. He is willing to pay the price for our iniquities. He is willing to suffer the cup of God’s wrath on our behalf. He has already done so, thus proving His willingness. The question remains today then, are we willing to follow Jesus? My answer is yes. Lord, lead me where You will, show me what You would have me do, prepare me for the task at hand this day, and may Your Holy Name be glorified through my life today!

No comments: