Monday, March 7, 2011

Help Me Reach The Wicked

Psalm 50

16 But God says to the wicked:
“Why bother reciting my decrees
and pretending to obey my covenant?
17 For you refuse my discipline
and treat my words like trash.


Who are the wicked who recite the decrees of God, and pretend to obey His Covenant? They are not the pagans, because the pagans don’t pretend to obey God. No, the LORD myst be talking about those who claim to follow Him, but don’t live a lifestyle that matches up with that claim. Those who refuse God’s discipline and treat His words like trash must be people who claim to be followers, but who don’t truly follow Him. It breaks my heart to think of the students who have gone through, and who are going through the student ministries in which I am involved who would be in this classification. Simply going through the motions, but in reality trampling underfoot the Gospel of Christ. Lord, help me to reach these students in an effective manner.

No comments: