Tuesday, March 15, 2011

God Doesn't Lie

Numbers 23

19 “God is not a man, so he does not lie.
He is not human, so he does not change his mind.
Has he ever spoken and failed to act?
Has he ever promised and not carried it through?”


This is from Balaam’s 2nd message to Balak from the LORD. While the king wanted Balaam to curse the people of Israel, the LORD intended only to bless them. No matter what Balak wanted, and no matter where he took Balaam to make any pronouncements. I take great encouragement from verse 19 knowing that my God doesn’t lie, that He always carries through on His Word, and that I can trust in Him always! In a society where “truth” has become a relative term, I know that my God is THE God of Truth, and that I can trust Him at His Word always. May I be a man of the Word, and may I never sway from that Word. May I proclaim God’s Word always, no matter what the people around me want to hear, and no matter where they take me.

No comments: