Saturday, March 19, 2011

Desert Time

Psalm 62

5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in him.
6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.

I guess that because I know the direction the sermon is taking tomorrow at VCC, this passage speaks to me in a more powerful way this morning. Retreating to the desert to rest in the Lord, to be refreshed by the Lord, and to regroup in the Lord. My “desert” these days would primarily be my 30 minute “Power of Prayer” walks each week. I do two or three a week, and desire to increase that to at least four a week on a permanent basis. Yeah, I spend time daily in God’s Word and prayer aside from those walks, but more and more my true “desert” times ARE my walks. May I be more disciplined in this regard. There is plenty to be done, and I need my strength and rest from my Lord.

No comments: