Sunday, March 6, 2011

My Offering Must Increase

Mark 12

41 Jesus sat down near the collection box in the Temple and watched as the crowds dropped in their money. Many rich people put in large amounts. 42 Then a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins.

43 Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. 44 For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on.”


Father, forgive me when I have only given You a tiny part of my surplus. It is my desire to give You a significant part of my earnings, my talents, of my very life. Your call upon me to serve as a minister of the Gospel of Christ requires more than a token giving from me. I gladly give You that which already belongs to You anyway. May I be even more free in my giving from this day forward. I am not satisfied to give only what I have given in the past. I want You to have more of me. Please accept my offering with the spirit in which it is given, and may Jesus be glorified by my offering always.

No comments: