Monday, March 14, 2011

Confident in the Lord

Psalm 57

7 My heart is confident in you, O God;
my heart is confident.
No wonder I can sing your praises!
8 Wake up, my heart!
Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
9 I will thank you, Lord, among all the people.
I will sing your praises among the nations.
10 For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens.
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

11 Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
May your glory shine over all the earth.

This is part of a Psalm that David wrote when he was hiding from King Saul while the King wanted David dead. When the challenges of life seem overwhelming, we need to turn to God that much more. The enemy is all around us. Satan prowls like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour. Those who follow satan are all around us, seeking to pull us from Jesus and into the very pit of hell. Yet, when we stay focused on Jesus, when we follow His Word, His Way, and His Will, we can rejoice even in the midst of attack. My heart is confident in my Lord. May I help others be confident in Jesus as well.

No comments: