Sunday, March 13, 2011

Truth Confirmation

Luke 1

1 Many people have set out to write accounts about the events that have been fulfilled among us. 2 They used the eyewitness reports circulating among us from the early disciples. 3 Having carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I also have decided to write a careful account for you, most honorable Theophilus, 4 so you can be certain of the truth of everything you were taught.


So, here you have it. Luke writes his Gospel to Theophilus after having carefully investigated the eyewitness accounts of those who were with Jesus during His earthly ministry. Luke writes so that Theophilus can be certain of the truth of everything he was taught regarding Jesus. Therefore, when I read Luke’s account, I can have this same assurance. I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and Luke’s writings give me confirmation of the truth I have been taught about Jesus. May my life reflect that truth daily.

No comments: