Friday, March 25, 2011

Known By Your Fruit

Luke 6

43 “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 44 A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. 45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.”


Jesus lays it out in no uncertain terms. Just as a tree is known by its fruit, people are also know by the fruit in their lives. I mean, when you walk by an orange tree here in Florida, there is no doubt as to what that tree is. What do people see when they examine my life? I pray that the fruit of the Spirit is more evident in my life every day. That fruit consists of the following parts: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. It is my goal to cultivate the fruit of the Spirit in my daily life. May God be glorified in all I do every single day.

No comments: