Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rededicated Renewal

Psalm 51

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit within me.

I know this is a Psalm of David after Nathan the prophet had confronted the King about his sin with Bathsheba. I feel like this past weekend, I was confronted with the sin of my half-hearted following of Christ. I have been convicted and challenged to step it up, and to be the man of God that He desires. I am asking God to create in me a clean heart; to renew a loyal spirit within me. I no longer want to just “do” ministry, I want to be a minister. I no longer want to tell people about following Christ, I want to be a living example of a full-fledged Christ follower. It is not even that I think I was a “bad guy” before, it is just that I can be even better through the power of the Holy Spirit, and a more focused and determined walk with Christ. Father, help me every step of the way by creating a new heart, and renewing a loyal spirit within this willing servant of Yours.

No comments: