Sunday, August 9, 2009

Warning Against Pride

Jeremiah 13

15 Listen and pay attention!
Do not be arrogant, for the LORD has spoken.
16a Give glory to the LORD your God
before it is too late.


Jeremiah is warning Judah against the sin of pride. I love these words in verse 15 & 16, because I need to pay attention, and not be arrogant. All glory belongs to God. It is easy for those of us “in the spotlight” to sometimes get carried away with ourselves. Today’s Celebration Services at VCC were by far my favorite ever. Afterwards, several people lavished praise on what had occurred. Someone else wants me to come to his recording studio to lay down some vocal tracks. Someone else is excited about video work I can help them with. Blah, blah, blah! I need to listen and pay attention…I need to ALWAYS give the glory to God. I did so today, and continue to do so as I type this. I am nothing but a tool to be used by my Creator for His glory, honor and praise. When I dare to think that I am anything else, I have crossed the line towards pride. May it never be so.

No comments: