Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jesus Makes All the Difference

Ezekiel 24

14 “I, the LORD, have spoken! The time has come, and I won’t hold back. I will not change my mind, and I will have no pity on you. You will be judged on the basis of all your wicked actions, says the Sovereign LORD.”


God makes it pretty plain what happens to those who fall under His judgment. God has not changed His mind, and there is no pity for those judged based on our wicked actions. I praise God for the fact that Jesus has taken my sins upon Himself so that I am no longer under a judgment of my wicked actions, but instead I will be declared to be NOT GUILTY in God’s Court. That is the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus, and it is the News we need to let everyone know. Without Jesus, God’s judgment is a terrible eternal punishment. With Jesus, judgment has already been made, and the verdict of not guilty has been proclaimed. May I do my best to help everyone with whom I come in contact understand the need to surrender their eternal lives to Jesus. The alternative is terrible, indeed.

No comments: