Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rebellious People

Ezekiel 12

1 Again a message came to me from the LORD: 2 “Son of man, you live among rebels who have eyes but refuse to see. They have ears but refuse to hear. For they are a rebellious people.”


The Lord is giving Ezekiel a prophecy against the people of Judah who are about to be taken away into exile at the hands of the Babylonians. I read this passage and cannot help but think about the church in America. We have been blessed with so much, yet we do so little. I’m reading Richard Stearns’ book, “The Hole In Our Gospel” these days and being more and more convicted in this matter. One of the chapter title page quotes for chapter ten in Stearns’ book is from Paul Harvey, who says, “We’ve drifted away from being fishers of men to being keepers of the aquarium.” Ouch. Guilty and convicted! Lord, save me from my rebellion, and let me see & hear what You want me to see & hear. May my actions match my words here today.

No comments: