Friday, August 14, 2009

Song of Praise

15 The LORD made the earth by his power,
and he preserves it by his wisdom.
With his own understanding
he stretched out the heavens.
16 When he speaks in the thunder,
the heavens are filled with water.
He causes the clouds to rise over the earth.
He sends the lightning with the rain
and releases the wind from his storehouses.
17 The whole human race is foolish and has no knowledge!
The craftsmen are disgraced by the idols they make,
for their carefully shaped works are a fraud.
These idols have no breath or power.
18 Idols are worthless; they are ridiculous lies!
On the day of reckoning they will all be destroyed.
19 But the God of Israel[a] is no idol!
He is the Creator of everything that exists,
including his people, his own special possession.
The LORD of Heaven’s Armies is his name!


Just as Jeremiah had to stop in the midst of his prophecies against seemingly everyone to sing a song of praise to God, I need to stop the craziness of everyday life and do the same. Today, especially, I am praising God for my Bride Peggy, who celebrates a physical birthday today. Lord, thank You for sending Peggy to me. To say that my life is not complete without her is the understatement of the year, and I give You the glory for sending her to me!

No comments: