Monday, August 17, 2009

God Means Business!

Ezekiel 6
8 “But I will let a few of my people escape destruction, and they will be scattered among the nations of the world. 9 Then when they are exiled among the nations, they will remember me. They will recognize how hurt I am by their unfaithful hearts and lustful eyes that long for their idols. Then at last they will hate themselves for all their detestable sins. 10 They will know that I alone am the LORD and that I was serious when I said I would bring this calamity on them.”


Ezekiel is prophesying about the destruction of Jerusalem and Judah because the people of God have abandoned Him completely. Yes, the God of LOVE is stamping out those who turn their backs on Him. This is the same God Who today gives mankind every chance in the world to turn to Him through Jesus. But, rest assured, those who do not will face far worse punishment that the people of Judah did in Ezekiel’s day. When will those of us who claim to follow Jesus repent of our indifference toward people who need Jesus? When will we start being the instrument of peace and justice for which we have been called? When will we truly know and acknowledge that God alone is the LORD and that He is serious about the business at hand?

No comments: