Thursday, August 27, 2009

Celebrating My Birthday

Lamentations 3

22 The faithful love of the LORD never ends!
His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”
25 The LORD is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.
26 So it is good to wait quietly
for salvation from the LORD.


On August 27, 1985, I was buried with Christ in baptism and raised to a new life in Him. Celebrating my 24th birthday today with this nugget of hope and inspiration in the midst of Jeremiah’s Lamentations reminds me that no matter how bad things may appear to be…no matter how much I have messed up…no matter the consequences of my sin while I am still on this earth, My Savior has it covered. I am still very much in the learning stage of waiting quietly for Him. I search for Him daily, and my hope is in Him alone. Not easy lessons, and I haven’t mastered them by any stretch, but God is patient with me, and that is one of a myriad of things for which I am so eternally grateful to my Lord and my God!

No comments: