Saturday, August 22, 2009

Help Me Be More Effective For You Lord

Ezekiel 24

18 So I proclaimed this to the people the next morning, and in the evening my wife died. The next morning I did everything I had been told to do. 19 Then the people asked, “What does all this mean? What are you trying to tell us?”


I can so relate to Ezekiel’s frustration here. Not the death of his wife part (nor do I ever want to be able to relate to that), but the part where he declares the Word of the Lord, and the people respond with: “What are you trying to tell us?” I’ve been in student ministry for 22 years, and so often feel like I am speaking to the walls. Dealing with adults in the church isn’t a whole lot different in that respect, either. One of my goals this year in our student ministry is to help our students fall so deeply in love with Jesus that they just can’t help but spend time in the Word every day, so that maybe, just maybe they don’t have the “what is he trying to tell us?” mindset. Lord, help me to be a more effective communicator of Your Word. Help those who hear me speak, to hear what YOU have to say, and may I not get in the way of Your Message, Lord.

No comments: