Friday, August 28, 2009

The Lord Remains The Same

Lamentations 5

19 But LORD, you remain the same forever!
Your throne continues from generation to generation.


As Jeremiah laments the horrible conditions in Jerusalem, and the removal of God’s protection and seemingly God’s affection towards the people, Jeremiah once again stops to praise God for Who He is. God is eternal. He remains the same forever. This is the God I serve. No matter the circumstances of this life on planet earth, God remains the same. His love is constant, and I need the reminder that life here is not the be-all, end-all. So what if the United States of America does fall, as many fear these days? America is not God’s chosen people…Christians are. I will proclaim my allegiance to God through His One and Only Son, Jesus regardless of the political or cultural climate and regardless of the consequences that may come while I live on the earth. My Lord remains the same forever. Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and I will serve Him to the best of my ability for as long as I have breath in my lungs!

No comments: