Saturday, August 15, 2009

God's Glory Taken For Granted

Ezekiel 1
28b This is what the glory of the LORD looked like to me. When I saw it, I fell face down on the ground, and I heard someone’s voice speaking to me.


The description of God’s glory is contained in this first chapter of Ezekiel, but notice Ezekiel’s reaction to seeing it” “I fell face down on the ground…” I wonder how often we really consider what it would be like to see God’s glory? We sing songs that say, “Lord, let Your glory fall” and yet we far too often treat God like He is no big deal. How can we take the Creator of the universe lightly? In part because we choose not to think of God in those terms, and in part because we have become all too familiar with the idea of God. We sing, “I am a friend of God” (and we are), but God is not just another one of our pals to hang out with. God is the Holy Creator of Life itself! May I never be casual in my attitude towards God, and may I always give Him the awe, respect and honor due Him.

No comments: